Apparently because my love for all things cute and furry is not shared with those to whom I am most intimate with, I have to start a blog dedicated to… animals-and by animals I really mean cats and dogs. My latest lifelong dream is to eventually live in a huge ass house with many cats and dogs. Does this make me some sort of animal hoarder or cat lady? Why yes it does. Am I ashamed of this? Fuck no. Cats and dogs are fucking cute and I am on a one woman campaign to inflict their cuteness on to anyone. You are Welcome.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New year, new adventures


Welcome to the new year friends! I was hoping to post sooner with awesome pictures of the animals in their holiday best, but that never happened. Also Sofia almost died again, this time by falling off our spiral stairs of death. Of course, she is okay as she is a resilient little bitch.

So yes, this new year brings many new adventures. Irwin wants a facebook page and Sofia wants her own blog, but I highly doubt any of that will happen. Maybe I will work up the motivation to update you on their adventures, but for now, I will not. However, I will update you on this: I think it is time to add another member our family again. Through the magic of facebook, I was directed to this site http://gianthamster.com/ and I have decided that Irwin most definitely needs a capybara brother or sister. 
omg, omg, omg!

Look at that face! How can I resist? Anyhow, who doesn’t love an over grown rat? NO ONE!!!!!!! All I need to do is get a pool and we are good to go! Sofia will come around eventually and learn to love her capybara brother or sister. I can only imagine how over joy the S.O. will be to walk Sofia and the capybara. Pure awesomeness, I tell you. I can totally see Irwin napping on the capybara’s back and all the amazing holiday pictures with the three of them in their outfits. Everyone will be mad impressed.

I probably have been sending an excessive amount of time on that website, I admit. I also seem to have my browser on the home page eagerly awaiting new updates from Garibaldi Rous’s (the capybara) site. I feel like part of the family now and I feel like Garibaldi is just my Texan cousin. I spent an inordinate time at work imagining cousin Gari visiting the animal house in Chicago and all the misadventures he, Sofia and Irwin would get into. Of course, Sofia will hate his guts at first, but then she will learn to love him and ask me if she can have a baby capybara brother and sister. Irwin and Gari will instantly connect and Gari will even let Irwin nibble on his ears… Then we will welcome a little baby capybara into our lives and of course little capybara will have his or her own blog and Gari will come and visit us in the summer when it gets too hot in Texas. Man that sounds like the life.

For now, I guess I will just have to keep entraining the fantasy. Here are some more pictures. Enjoy!
Look at his bf and brother Bakersfield!

How could you say no to that face?


No comments:

Post a Comment